We have no hope of solving our problems without harnessing the diversity, the energy, and the creativity of all our people. Roger Wilkins
At Phoenix Employment Services, we believe that hiring persons with diverse skills contributes to a stronger and more inclusive community. Employment is one of several services funded through Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) to help adults with developmental disabilities reach their potential. Our goal is to enhance the lives of adults who are living with a developmental disability through the promotion of full citizenship and participation in the community.
The process is simple, streamlined, efficient and cost-effective.
- Employment program participants are pre-screened and selected to match the needs of employer
- Hire and train a new employee as part of your team according to your own schedule
- Decrease training time and cost with the assistance of job coaching services, at no cost to the employer
The Benefits For You
- Become an employer of a diverse workforce
- Gain access to a new base of community minded customers
- Hardworking and motivated employees
- Employee loyalty
- Reduced turnover
- Decreased sick time
- Long term commitment
Who Can You Expect to Hire?
Excellent candidates looking for long term, part-time employment (usually 3-12 hours per week).
Why Employment For People With Disabilities?
- Make a positive change in someone’s life
- Improved well-being
- Promoting a sense of purpose, pride and accomplishment
- Increased financial independence
- Helping to develop new relationships
- Opportunity for skill development
- Promoting full and active participation in the community
How to Reach Us
To find out more about becoming an inclusive employer, please contact Phoenix Employment Services at 250–370-2797 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.